Catherine has a range of domestic and international non-contentious and contentious experience, including advising on and negotiating construction contracts and involvement in TCC proceedings, adjudication and international arbitration.
Examples of Catherine's expertise include:
- negotiating the JCT contract and consultant appointments for the £40m fit-out of an international banking and asset management group's UK headquarters;
- reviewing and reporting on construction contracts for due diligence for the £563m sale of a 190-acre business park in the UK for a global real estate investment, development and management company;
- managing the negotiation, execution and delivery of 150 multi-party construction contracts for the £250m sale of 13 development sites for a British multinational groceries and general merchandise retailer;
- acting in TCC proceedings involving the defence of a £1.9m claim relating to the supply of concrete for the construction of safety barriers on the M6;
- acting for a joint venture contractor in ICC arbitration proceedings relating to a dispute with one of its sub-contractors on a major infrastructure project in the Middle East;
- acting for a variety of clients in adjudication proceedings.
Katherine’s Professional Memberships
- Member of the Society of Construction Law.
- Member of the National Association of Women in Construction.